River of Refuge opened 11 transitional housing units in May 2016 to assist and empower Kansas City-metro families as they move from homelessness to self-sufficiency. We understand the needs of working parents and have established a safe and secure community living at the former Park Lane Hospital in Kansas City, Missouri at 5155 Raytown Road.
AM I ELIGIBLE?
- Each household must have school-aged children or younger, in the home, on a full-time basis.
- All adults must be working full-time prior to entering the program.
- Everyone in the household must be drug and alcohol free.
Transitional Housing Form
After submitting your application, call and check in weekly. Leave a voicemail with your contact information. Failure to do so will remove you from the waiting list.
If your family needs help, complete and submit our Transitional Housing form (CLICK HERE). Please call the office at (816) 737-5100 with any questions (walk-ins will not be seen).
River of Refuge Family Apartments
Upon completion of Phase One River of Refuge facility, the following services and living accommodations will be provided for:
- For families within the program, there will be 11 private rooms one floor of the building. There is a variety of sized family units to accommodate for small and large families.
- Program members live rent and utility free for the duration of the program. All individuals are expected to comply with the guidelines including that adults will work full-time, attend all mandatory meetings, and adhere to the budget policies.
- In addition to paying off debt which is the barrier(s) to homelessness, each program member will build savings that allow them to pay a security deposit and first and last month’s rent on a new residence.
- Included with River of Refuge-provided financial advisement and coaching, other services will be offered to members, including (but not limited to): job skills classes, parenting classes and educational tutoring.
- Four to six weeks prior to a scheduled “graduation” date for a program family, a case manager will work with the family to find permanent housing.