Missouri Tax Credits are easy to use. Eligible donors receive a state income tax credit for as much as 50 percent of the value of a donation made to River of Refuge.
Benefits vary and credits are subject to availability. Before donating, please email: Timmy@riverofrefuge.com.
The Missouri State Legislature created tax credits to encourage development of low-income housing exactly like what River of Refuge is designed to do in this community. These charitable contribution incentives work to assist donors who can provide a gift to River of Refuge and benefit in how much taxes is owed to the state and federal government.
After you’ve received confirmation from River of Refuge, please follow this process to apply for the tax credits:
- Start by sending a check to:
River of Refuge
5155 Raytown Road, Suite 101
Kansas City, Mo 64133
- Write Neighborhood Assistance Program (NAP) Tax Credit Gift in the memo line of the check.
- River of Refuge will send you the proper tax credit application.
- Fill out the application.
- NAP requires signatures to be notarized and a photo copy of your check to be included.
- Return the application to the above River of Refuge mailing address.
- River of Refuge will complete the application and send it to the state.
- You will receive confirmation that your tax credit has been approved.
- Take your tax credit confirmation with you to your tax preparer, or simply fill out a form MO TC to file with your taxes.
Who is eligible for Missouri Tax Credits?