Donors’ faith in our efforts and commitment to River of Refuge makes it possible for us to achieve our mission. Your gifts of financial support — as well as prayer — are an investment that will be repaid many times over.
We use secure PayPal servers for online giving. PayPal is the safe, easy way to donate online without exposing your credit card number. If you need to cancel your monthly gifts at any time, you’ll be able to do so through your PayPal account. If you do not have a PayPal account, you will be walked through the easy steps after you select your monthly donation amount. Select the amount of your monthly donation:
Make a one-time donation to River of Refuge. Every dollar counts — from $20 to $700. A $700 gift pays for one month of expenses for family in the transitional living program. Costs include staffing, operations, programming, utilities, food for the family, personal care items, bus passes, gas cards and more.
Donate by mail
If you prefer to donate by check, please make it payable to River of Refuge and mail to:
River of Refuge
5155 Raytown Road, Suite 101
Kansas City, MO 64133
Donate needed items
You can also help River of Refuge by donating needed items. A church, business, club or nonprofit may also coordinate a donation drive to collect any of these items for our families:
- Non-perishable food items such as canned vegetables and fruit, soups, ravioli, granola bars, ramen noodles, boxed meals and cereal bars
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Hair care products (for multiple ethnic hair types)
- Hairbrushes and combs
- Razors and shaving cream
- Feminine products
- Toilet paper
- Diapers and wipes
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Cleaning supplies: all-purpose cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, Lysol, dish soap, etc.
- Medicines: Tylenol, cold medicine (adult and children), Pepto-Bismol, Band-Aids and ointment
- Facial tissues
- Ziploc bags (various sizes)
- Aluminum foil
- Plastic wrap
- Laundry detergent, dryer sheets and bleach
- Face soap
- Makeup for all complexions
Questions about donations? Please call River of Refuge at (816) 737-5100.